20041007

Post-Debate Activities

I forgot to enter a blog entry regarding what I did at CWRU after the Veep Debate ended

2 big things happened, more or less.

1. I got interviewed by a reporter from the BBC News (Brazil Service) about my opinions about the debate and on the presidential/vice-presidential candidates. This time, there was no camera, but a microphone and a Sony Minidisc Walkman. And this time, I actually spoke coherently, though I stumbled here and there at some parts. Overall, I was really satisfied in the way I spoke with clarity and a moderated speed, both lacking when I was with the CNN crowd. I think I was also the only independent in the crowd of students he interviewed -- they were all wearing Bush paraphenalia.

2. I also attended the Edwards rally in the University (Museum) Circle. There were over 1200+ people there cheering and just having a good time. I could never have imagined that a campaign could be so energetic and cheerful. It made me want to cheer along with them. Anyway, what really scares me, though, is that Edwards speaks exactly like a lawyer. It's a really scary thought, and I'm not sure if it'd be such a good thing if a he brings his lawyer tactics or potential favoritism towards lawyers into his office. Regardless, he speaks well and on the level of the common man, which makes him so charismatic.

Anyway, the circus is over in Cleveland. Though I"ll be missing about 1/3 of the debate on Friday (Town Hall style with an open floor to questions), I really look forward to this debate. Unfortunately, I want one question asked in that debate, but I seriously doubt whether it will come up or not: What can and what will you do, as president, for Asian Americans to gain equal rights and to reverse the overall negative sentiments towards them?

Until then...

No comments: