20091224

After 27 years, 9 months, I finally know the meaning to my name [.... kind of]

Well, it's been over two years since I've last updated this blog, so I might as well start with something worthwhile and small: the "meaning" to my Chinese name: 汪寧(宁)智, where 宁 is the simplified form of 寧 (traditional script).

So, to break it down character by character:
汪 (surname); expanse of water; ooze
寧 peaceful; rather; Ningxia (abbrev.) (Ningxia is probably a city in China)
智 wisdom; knowledge

As we would pronounce it in pinyin: wāng níng zhì.

An odd name of sorts to put together, and I couldn't find any of these characters in electronic form until now.

Unfortunately, none of these characters seem to fit who I really am (or better put, I do not express the ideal forms of these characters), especially since I've been put under the pressure cooker/stress test of medical school.

Anyway, for now, hooray for updates! Maybe I'll put up a post to give an update as to what the hell has been going on with my life for the last two years, plus, maybe some time in the future. Right.

No comments: