20040525

First Post -- A Little Bit About Me, and How I Tick

Thus is the birth of my second attempt at blogging. Yeah, I know. The first blog never existed, but can be found here.

I'll attempt to follow up with semi-regular blogging, though I would have preferred if I could have been able to get this blog to work with my website at http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~kev, but I suppose I'll have to deal with the blogspot.com domain until I can figure out how to get sftp access to the www.ugcs domain.

Just for those who may just so happen to stumble across this blog (unlikely) and who do not personally know me, I am a first-going-on-second year graduate student at Case Western Reserve University persuing a Master of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering. I was a student at the California Institute of Technology, where I graduated with a degree concentration/option in Electrical Engineering. In hindsight, I was a more or less a computer junkie, with a side of science and engineering geekiness. In the last year, however, I have been considerably interested in current/world events and politics, mostly concerned with George W. Bush's incompetent handlings of his office and all possible affairs, excluding what I view to be severely pro-business and ultra-right-wing conservative issues.

If I ever do talk about politics (which may become frequent, as I am very unsatisfied with the current administration), my viewpoints are and will be mainly based from what I read from the Los Angeles Times, Time Magazine, the New York Times, and the occasional viewing of national news broadcasts from NBC, ABC, and NPR and the reading/viewing of BBC News. I consider this to be a large amount of reading for information and viewpoints given the small amount of time I have aside from classes and my Master's Thesis. I may mis-quote or be completely out of line. If I ever do, I'll blame it on my somewhat frazzled memory and the limited scope in the reading material I go through every day. Please kindly point out my mistakes or voice any disagreements, and we'll go from there.


Hopefully, this blog will not be strictly political and will have personal entries as well.

Until later,
Q (aka. chaos4ever)




P.S. Just as an aside: The Hawken blog's discussion to national and international issues of politics, healthcare, civil rights, and just about everything else you can think of, was a notably valiant attempt, though it is today reduced the personal opinions and input of the original founder. I regret not taking part in such discussions even though I was invited to contribute to the blog -- half of it being that I was a very 'bitter' senior that had a questionable chance of graduating from Caltech, and the other half being that I did not believe that I was informed enough to participate in such a passionate discussion of many issues. Apologies to Nitin, if he ever stumbles across this entry.

No comments: